Customized Contract Training through the Center for Corporate Training and Illinois Small Business Development Center
Customized Training Tailored to Your Business
We work with you to design training programs that fit specific business needs. Training is everything from core skills such as basic math and reading to communication and strategic planning. We offer plant safety, team building, computer training and management seminars too. Training can be on-site or at the Center, whichever is more convenient for you and your employees.
A Partnership Approach
Our trainers analyze an organization's needs. Experts can offer in-depth assessments of your entire organization, or one employee group. Our resource pool has more than 100 experienced industry trainers and consultants available to help assess strengths, weaknesses, and goals for future planning.
Nationally Renowned Programs
We partner with a number of nationally known training and development organizations to bring world class programs to this area. We have partnerships with organizations like:
- Development Dimensions International
- Command Spanish®
- Paradigm Learning
Location, Location, Location
All programs are available at our facilities, in your area, or in your own workplace. We can even set up interactive teleconferences, giving you access to top experts around the nation at very little cost.
Examples of Courses by Topic Area
- Strategic - Quality, ISO/QS 9000, strategic and business planning, leadership, organization, and change management.
- High Tech - Operating and networking systems (Microsoft®, Novell, Unix, and others), manufacturing operations, purchasing systems, and human resource systems.
- Management Development - Performance management, project management, materials/logistics management, team facilitation, supervising, conflict resolution, leadership development, supply chain, Six Sigma, Taguchi Design of Experiments, and APICS certification.
- Professional Development - Sales skills, team building, customer service, time and stress management, office skills, and presentation skills.
- Communication Skills - Business writing, technical editing, communication skills, active listening, telephone techniques, and occupational languages.
- Computer Software and Programming - Portable computer laptops, Microsoft Windows®, word processing, spreadsheet applications, and graphics/presentations.
- Basic Manufacturing Technology - Electronics, manufacturing, robotics, fiber optics, CNC machine set-up and operation, welding, soldering, MasterCam®, AutoCAD®, OSHA, and ProE.
- Core Skills - Workforce English as a Second Language, Occupational Spanish, Command Spanish, basic reading, writing and math, and tutoring.