Illinois Small Business Development Center
Providing Guidance for Business Growth
Planning to start or expand your business? You've come to the right place.
The Illinois Small-Business Development Center is a three-way grant-funded program that provides business resources for McHenry County businesses that employ up to 500 people. Services include:
- free one-on-one business counseling
- a host of seminars where you can network with other small-business owners
- assistance obtaining funding
Free One-on-One Counseling
Our consulting services are free to all clients, start-up entrepreneurs, owners and managers of businesses. We've helped businesses in our area attract customers, improve their operations, increase sales, and obtain financing. We can review your business plan before you talk to your banker to help you prepare. Use our research and contacts to strengthen your plan, improve your operations or develop your marketing and e-business strategies. Plus, we catalog and track all federal, state and local government business assistance programs. We offer counseling and seminars/workshops on these and other topics:
- Business planning, personnel and other business management issues
- Marketing and advertising
- Finance and accounting, regulation and taxation
- Production and operations, office automation and computer training
- Business data analysis, technology and other issues necessary to promote business growth
- Operational, project and strategic planning techniques
Seminar and Workshop Series
Attend any of our large-group seminars to meet your fellow small-business owners and stay abreast of the changing tools to advance your business. Our classes are designed to be tactical, so you'll leave with ideas you can implement for your business immediately.
When registering online, search for future seminars and workshops under the topic code Business & Finance.